Hyaluronic acid (HA) is a substance found in the joints, eyes and skin. HA attracts and binds to water to hydrate the skin. As we age, our skin loses volume and hydration creating sunken areas, sagging skin and lines, wrinkles and folds. There are a number of HA fillers each with unique characteristics that determine the location where they are used.
What is Restylane?
Restylane is a clear gel of hyaluronic acid formulated to act like your body’s naturally produced hyaluronic acid, temporarily restoring volume, and lifting and smoothing wrinkles. It comes in various formulations designed for specific treatment areas.
The family of Restylane fillers
The Restylane family of fillers are used to add volume and fullness to correct moderate to severe wrinkles and folds, and for lip enhancement and hand rejuvenation. Many of the Restylane products contain lidocaine for comfort during injection.
How long does Restylane lasts?
How long the Restylane filler lasts will depend on where the injections are placed and your metabolism. On the lips where there is a lot of movement, Restylane may last six months; but when placed in an area with little movement like the cheeks, the effects may last more than a year.
- Restylane corrects nasolabial folds, marionette lines, undereye hollows and frown lines. Adds natural volume as it integrates into the tissues and attracts water to volumize.
- Restylane L® is designed to correct moderate to severe facial wrinkles and folds including nasolabial folds.
- Restylane Lyft with Lidocaine is suitable to correct moderate to severe lines and wrinkles and for cheek augmentation. Treatment will create structure and lift and reposition the cheeks for a more youthful appearance. Effects last 6-12 months.
- Restylane Silk and Restylane Kysse are thinner formulas designed to treat fine lines and wrinkles, and to augment the lips to enhance lip shape, and smooth vertical lip lines.
- Refyne is specially formulated to treat mild to moderate marionette lines that run from the corners of the mouth to the chin.
- Defyne is specially formulated to correct moderate to severe marionette lines that run from the corners of the mouth to the chin.
Dr. Kandula will review your medical history and determine whether you are a good candidate for Restylane. She will listen to your concerns and goals; and evaluate your face and lips to formulate a plan for your facial rejuvenation.
HA fillers are very versatile and can also be used to plump the earlobes, restore volume to aging hands to reduce the appearance of bulging veins, tendons and bones. HA fillers have a low risk of allergic complications. Common side effects may include swelling, bruising, bleeding, and redness.
Your results are technique dependent which means you want the best injector available. Dr. Swetha Kandula is an expert injector who can create and restore a more youthful you. Contact her at Dermatology and Skincare Arts in Parsippany, New Jersey to schedule a consultation.